The Rochester Mansion offers you a rich history, an intoxicating experience of the decadence of 'Old Hollywood' and the extravagant luxury of Louis XVI furnishings along with superlative hospitality. We invite you into Eddie 'Rochester' Anderson's colossal legacy.
Our majestic Victorian, Southern mansion was originally owned by the late Eddie 'Rochester' Anderson, an American comedian and actor who appeared in over sixty motion pictures. His most famous role was Rochester van Jones, known simply as 'Rochester' the valet of Jack Benny on his T.V. show The Jack Benny Program. His career earned him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.Anderson was a great connoisseur. From training his winning race horses to creating lucrative real estate investments, he had the Midas touch for transforming business ventures into unprecedented successes.
Today, the Rochester is owned and managed by his son Eddie 'Rochester' Anderson Jr., who continues to follow in his father's monumental footsteps and to welcome people from all over the world with true hospitality.The Rochester will stop you in your tracks with its classical facade. Whether you're looking for a vacation for you while you tour our beautiful city or for corporate lodgings, or perhaps even for the perfect place to celebrate the holidays or your special occasions, the Rochester's unique facilities can accommodate you.
Our guests that have Internet often use Google or another mapping service for specific directions.
From Los Angeles International Airport
1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Take S La Tijera Blvd, S La Cienega Blvd, Stocker St, W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and Arlington Ave to W 37th Pl- 29 min (9.4 mi)
Head west- 135 ft
Keep left to continue toward World Way- 430 ft
Continue onto World Way- 0.2 mi
Turn left toward Center Way- 344 ft
Turn left onto Center Way-0.2 mi
Continue onto World Way- 0.2 mi
Slight right to merge onto CA-1 N/S Sepulveda Blvd - 0.6 mi
Use the right lane to turn slightly right onto S Sepulveda Blvd- 344 ft
Slight right onto Sepulveda Eastway - 0.4 mi
Turn right onto S La Tijera Blvd
Keep left to continue on S La Cienega Blvd- 1.3 mi
Turn right onto Stocker St -2.5 mi
Turn left onto McClung Dr -0.2 mi
Turn right onto W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd- 0.7 mi
Use any lane to turn slightly left to stay on W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd- 0.3 mi
Turn left onto Arlington Ave- 0.7 mi
Continue on W 37th Pl. Drive to Rochester Circle - 1 min (0.2 mi)
1932 Rochester Circle
IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION PLEASE GIVE US 72-24 HR NOTICE YOU CAN CALL OR E-MAIL US , PLEASE REMEMBER TO TO HAVE YOU NAME AND CONFIRMATION NUMBER ON HAND WHEN YOU CALL.
● All guests must present a valid government issued ID at check in (e.g. State Drivers license, government-issued ID, or passport).
● All guests must be 18 years or older; any guest under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult .
● Quiet Hours 10 pm to 7am, no music, no loud conversation during quiet hours.
● We are a non-smoking hostel. Smoking is prohibited on premises, indoors or outside. Please walk off-site to use any tobacco products. Violation of this will result in an additional $10.00 cleaning fee.
● Check-in is at 3:00pm . IF you are planning to arrive after 10:00 p.m. please let us know in advance so that we can make arrangements to welcome you. At check in all guests are assigned to 1 bed; if your items are found placed on another bed, or if you are found using another bed or taking pillows or bed sheets from another bed, you will be fined $20.00.
● Check out is at 11:00am. Upon departure guests must strip their beds and pillows and take all dirty laundry to the laundry room. Failure to check out at 11am will have you charged for the day.
● Late check out is possible but you must notify the front desk; while you can wait on the premises if you have an afternoon flight or bus, we require that you remove your items from the dorm.
● We are a drug-free hostel. Only prescribed medications are permitted.
● Alcohol may only be consumed in a reasonable fashion in the common area and/or private and family rooms, NOT in the dorms. We reserve the right to take app